Blockchain Monthly Update: October
Support and investment in the blockchain community has always been a vital pillar of Blockchain’s mission. In September, we completed strides in both areas to help catalyze new growth in the cryptosphere.
ICYMI: Blockchain Ventures’ Investment in DappRadar
Last month, Blockchain Ventures announced it’s participation in DappRadar’s $2.3 million seed funding round with Naspers Ventures. DappRadar, a Lithuanian startup, will use this investment primarily for research and development as it continues to push for transparent, accurate data on the decentralized application (“dapp”) ecosystem.
DappRadar is the leading platform for discovering and analysing over 2,500 dapps across six blockchains. It filters through dapp data, and removes fake and irrelevant activity to provide the market with actionable intelligence. In doing so, DappRadar helps validate the success of legitimate dapps that may have otherwise been lost in a sea of misinformation.
In the words of Sam Harrison, Managing Partner of Blockchain Ventures, “DappRadar is playing a vital role in bringing trust, transparency, and discovery to the fragmented world of dapps.”
Feature of the Month: New Assets on The PIT
We’ve added top crypto assets to The PIT – the world’s fastest and most trusted crypto exchange. Traders can exchange over 20 different ways and there are even more new cryptos on the horizon. Check out the latest additions, Litecoin (LTC) and Tether (USDT), which are two of the most actively traded assets in the market today!
Blockchain in the Cryptosphere
In the news:
- Bitcoin Magazine – Vlad Costea at Bitcoin Magazine caught up with Xen Baynham-Herd from our team to discuss one of our most popular Wallet features: Swap.
- Bloomberg – Garrick Hileman, Head of Research at Blockchain, weighs in on the suggested correlation between the Yuan and Bitcoin.
- CoinDesk – William Foxley covered the recent Blockchain Ventures’ investment in DappRadar.
- Yahoo Finance – Nicholas Marinoff from Yahoo Finance also covered DappRadar’s $2.3 million in seed funding and Blockchain Ventures’ involvement with that.
- Fortune – Howard Surloff, former Blackrock and Goldman Sachs executive, joins Blockchain as our new General Counsel.
Events in October:
- South Summit (October 2nd – 4th) – Nicolas Cary, our Co-Founder, gave a keynote speech about Blockchain and the Future of Money at Madrid’s South Summit.
- BFC EU 2019 (October 7th – 10th) – Garrick Hileman, Head of Research here at Blockchain, will discuss the Reformation of Capital Markets on a panel at BFC EU 2019 in Dublin, Ireland.
- Hard Fork Summit (October 16th) – Nicolas Cary will once again take the stage at The Next Web’s Hard Fork Summit in Amsterdam.
- FinTech Abu Dhabi (October 21st – 23rd) – MENA’s leading FinTech Festival, FinTech Abu Dhabi, will host Nicolas Cary. He will give a keynote speech and sit on a panel discussion revolving around financial inclusion and the future of blockchain technology.
- Decentralized (October 30th – November 1st) – Garrick Hileman will be traveling to Athens to give a keynote address at the Decentralized conference.